we are selecting the Famous Alexander the Great quotes which he was got from his experience.
Alexander the Great, real name Alexander III of Macedon, was a king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon and a member of the Argead Dynasty.
Best 10 Alexander the great quotes with image:-
Heaven can’t brook two suns,
nor earth two masters.
Let us conduct ourselves
so that all men wish to be our friends
and all fear to be our enemies.
I would rather live a short life or
glory than a long one of obscurity.
Bury my body and don’t build any monument,
keep my hands out so the people know
the one who won the world had nothing
in hand when he died.
I send you a kaffis of mustard seed,
that you may taste and acknowledge
the bitterness of my victory.
There is nothing impossible
to him who will try.
I am not afraid of an army of lion led by sheep,
I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
For my own part,
I would rather excel knowledge of
the highest secrets of philosophy
than in arms.
When we give someone our time,
we actually give a portion of our life
that we will never take back.
Through every generation of the human race
there has been a constant war, a war with fear;
those who have the courage to conquer it are
made free and those who are conquered by it
are made to suffer until they have the courage to
defeat it, or death takes them.
Some other 20 famous Alexander the Great Quotes:-
- There is nothing impossible who will try.
- I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
- Remember upon the conduct of each depends on the fact of all.
- A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world not sufficient.
- How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens?
- I had rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and dominion.
- I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians.
- If I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes.
- True love never has a happy ending, because there is no ending to true love.
- Without knowledge, skills can’t be focused on. Without skill, strength cannot be brought to bear and without strength, knowledge may not be applied.
- For my own part, I would rather excel knowledge of the highest secrets of philosophy than in arms.
- Toil and risk are the prices of glory, but it is a lovely thing to live with courage and die leaving an everlasting fame.
- A king does not kill messengers.
- Now you fear punishment and beg for your lives, so I will let you free, if not for any other reason so that you can see the difference between a Greek king and a barbarian tyrant, so do not expect to suffer any harm from me.
- There are no more worlds to conquer.
- Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable.
- I would rather live a short life of glory than a long one of obscurity.
- Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends and all fear to be our enemies.
- With the right attitude, self-imposed limitations vanish.
- In the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you have done.
- Also for you best 10 famous Benjamin Franklin’s quotes