Martin Luther King, Jr. was a social activist who played an important role in the Middle American Civil Rights Movement. famous quotes by Martin luther king jr leads civil moment against racism and speads love among American people. Mlk quotes guide people even today. Some famous quotes of mlk which help people on leadership, inspiration, equality, love, success and against racism.
Martin luther king jr famous quotes about love
1. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now”.
2. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?”
3. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only love can do that”.
4. “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men”.
5. “Intelligence plus character–that is the goal of true education”.
6. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
7. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend”.
8. “Nonviolence is absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another”.
9. “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love”.
10. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant”.
Martin luther king jr famous quotes about equality
1. “We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor, it must be demanded by the oppressed.”
2. “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools”.
3. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?”.
4. “The quality, not the longevity of one’s life is what is important”.
5. “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.”
Martin luther king jr famous quotes about racism
1. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”
2. “Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.”
3. “We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence.”
4. “Every man of humane convictions must decide on the protest that best suits his convictions, but we must all protest.”
5. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”
6. “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
7. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
8. “We adopt the means of nonviolence because our end is a community at peace with itself. We will try to persuade with our words, but if our words fail, we will try to persuade with our acts.”
9. “The time has come for an all-out world war against poverty. The rich nations must use their vast resources of wealth to develop the underdeveloped, school the unschooled, and feed the unfed. Ultimately a great nation is a compassionate nation.”
Martin luther king jr famous quotes about leadership
1. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
2. “We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn’t matter with me now because I’ve been to the mountaintop… I’ve looked over and I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.”
3. “Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service.”
4. “A right delayed is a right denied.”
5. “One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws”.
6. “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
7. “The function of education is to teach intensively and to think critically intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education”.
Martin luther king jr famous quotes about success
1. “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t walk run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving”.
2. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
3. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars”.
4. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
5. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.”
6. “Nonviolence is absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another.”
7. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way”
8. “No person has the right to rain on your dreams.”